Our Parent Council’s work is varied and good fun. There is an opportunity for everyone to be involved, and the more the merrier! We concentrate on partnering with the school, providing support for parent volunteer activities (educational, sport and life skills), fundraising and communications.
The Parent Council objectives have five main aims:
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming and inclusive school for all parents.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and parents.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The aim of partnership and inclusion is to create strong links between the pupils’ parents and teachers ensuring everyone’s views and ideas are heard as the Parent Council is accountable to the Parent Forum. As part of this we try to develop involvement from parents, local businesses and our communities.
Probably the most visible of all the Parent Council activities are its fundraising events. Every year we raise and spend approximately £8000. This continues to be essential and funds a variety of things such as:
• Playground Climbing / Obstacle equipment
• Smartboards for every class room
• Swimming Lessons
• Schools Discos and parties
• First aid training
• Class trips